The Digital Agenda Stakeholder Community on Procurement, IT & Standards (PITS) just launched its public website, with guidance and resources on how to improve IT procurement through making the best use of open standards.
PITS spokesperson, Trond Arne Undheim, said:
“With the PITS community, we aim to bring together knowledge from a variety of stakeholders across the IT procurement chain”.
Three main contributions are underway:
- A note on the major challenges.
- An overview of good and bad practices.
- Shared resources and links to ongoing initiatives.
PITS aims to be key contributors to Digital Agenda’ s Action 23, which is about European guidance on ICT standardisation and public procurement.
PITS is backed by individuals as well as the oraganizations APRIL, ECIS, ESOP, FSFE, OASIS,Openforum Europe and W3C, and with several governments as observers. There is still with room for others to join the community.
PITS will present its findings at the EU’s Digital Agenda Assembly on 16-17 June 2011.
- European Commission consults on procurement law overhaul (go.theregister.com)
- Procurement Market System (essaysuk.wordpress.com)